Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What? Did you say JOB???

My, my. It seems like so much has occurred since my previous posts. My grandfather and sister, Jessica, are both on the mends from a surgery and mystery illness. I had the pleasure of staying with my grandfather for a week as he began his recovery from his heart surgery. And praise the Lord, doctors finally diagnosed Jess, and she is slowing getting back to her old self.

Life has been pretty busy, as usual. BUT, even a tad busier because I started my new job last week! That's right world, Alyssa Taylor has a job, and she has even worked it for more than one day :) I am working a part-time, seasonal job giving flu shots at Wal-Mart. So, not only do I have a job but its nursing, of all things. And I really enjoy it. Giving shots never bothered me, and our clinic is situated right in the main aisle near the registers. We get to people-watch most of the day, and let me tell you, there are plenty of interesting people to watch in Brookhaven, MS.

Mac stays with Ms. Kaci, a friend in the subdivision, and he already loves being at her house. That makes it so much easier to leave him. And Sam is a huge help getting Mac ready in the mornings and helping once we both get home in the evening. Let me just say this, I do not know how full-time working mothers do it. Hats off to you, ladies! Its hard to juggle housework, cooking, baby, husband and yourself when you have a job. But luckily, its very manageable with a little part-time job.

So, I'm proud to say that I really enjoy my job. However, I'm still very thankful for God's goodness and provision so that I can just have a "little part-time job" and not have to really work. (I do plenty of work at home!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment