Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home


Well, this past Sunday night we officially arrived in Branson...our new home. Sam and I caravaned with the Jeep loaded, including a jogging stroller and fishing poles tied on top, and the Camry packed tight with me and Mac. We definitely fit the description "country come to town." haha We are temporarily living in a furnished condo at a resort, so we pretty much just needed the necessities for living. Now, determining what is a necessity and what is not depends on who you ask. For Sam, he'd be fine with some clothes, his laptop, and golf clubs. But I, on the other hand, had to have Mac's basketball goal, toy box crammed full of favorite toys, tv chair, and my beloved vacuum cleaner. And believe it or not, it all fit in the two cars! I'm pretty sure Mary Poppins came over to pack up the cars :)


Speaking of tv, we're trying to do without. Well, actually we've purchased a converter box and antenna with the hopes of getting by with just local channels. So far our indoor antenna gets us two network channels and two Branson tourist channels. We've gotta get an outdoor antenna...I at least need PBS for Mac on occasion! We just decided that tv can eat away so much time that could be better spent doing things together, not to mention the money that it eats up! I'll post in the future to update how we make it!


So, I've spent this week unpacking what we have and organizing it all in the condo. Its definitely different living in a 2 bedroom condo, but I'm looking forward to the perks also. No yard maintenance, playgrounds, swimming pools, golf course, restaurant...I mean, what else could you want????


I'll post some pics of the place soon. It's not "home" yet, but I'm sure in time it will be. I kinda just feel like I'm on vacation and will be leaving soon for Mississippi. But since that's not happening, I'll just wait on Mississippi to come to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment