Sunday, August 19, 2012

Old McDonald Had a Farm, E-I-E-I-O!





About two weeks after Drew's actual birthday, we made a trip to Mississippi for Sam's best friend's wedding and Super Summer.  It was pretty perfect timing because we were able to hold off on Drew's "real party" until we were there to celebrate with family.  Since Drew is very into farm animals and attempting to mimic their sounds, I chose a farm theme...I think he was very pleased :)  I was so glad that my grandparents, Aunt Cheryl, Eldon and Uncle Chuck were able to come from the Coast and Houston!  Of course my parents and my sister, Jessica, and her crew were there along with our Monticello family.  We were sad that Lia and Sam's family couldn't make it but know they wished they had been able to join in the barnyard fun.  Unfortunately, my mom took most of the pictures on her camera, which I don't presently have.  So, here's a quick glimpse that made it onto my camera. 

 Table with yummy dipped animal crackers that Parker and Mac helped my mom make

Party table, complete with favor bags in the background.  Just with cousins, we have an instant group of five friends :)

My grandfather's birthday is also in July so we decided to surprise him with a dual celebration.
 82 wonderful, blessed years!!!

Digging into his smash cake...thanks to our little party on his actual birthday, I think he knew just what to do with that cake!
 Loving every single minute.  Anyone that came close to his chair got globbed with icing.  Parker had it between his toes. Haha
 My boy LOVED his cake!  And who thought it was a good idea to make it with red icing?!?

Papa getting in on the cake action

The Boys

Eldon got Drew shoes just like his...and he wears them almost everyday now.  Thanks, Eldon!!!

I love me some Ramsey, thumb-sucking and all

The family princess with her Daddy.  I love that lil mama!

Trying to figure his paddle ball out.  Serious stuff...

We couldn't have a party without our Monticello Family.  I love, love, love the Bayles' and the Hewitt's!  It's just so special to me that they were at Mac's and now Drew's first birthdays.  Thanks friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment