Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mississippi Snow Day!!!

Honestly, I'm still very surprised...snow was in our forecast, school was cancelled and the wait began. And because snow is so unusual in Mississippi, the skeptic in me immediately set in. I didn't even tell the boys of the chance because I didn't want them to be disappointed. We woke up this morning to rain, lots of rain. Then after lunch the rain became a bit icy. And to our surprise and amazement, the ice actually turned to snow!! And even when it first started, I just assumed it'd be a dust or 1 inch or so. But the snow kept falling, and we now have a beautiful landscape of fluffy snow! The boys had a blast playing!!
"I haven't seen this much snow since we lived in Missouri!"

"Mom, its been like forever since I caught a snowflake on my tongue!" -Mac

Gathering up snowballs to throw at Daddy

Yum!

Sweet baby wanted to be outside with her brothers

There's just not many things prettier than snow-covered landscapes


 Like father, like son

Clara and I did venture out for a few minutes, and she loved chomping on the snow. I was very surprised because she is not a fan of cold food and drinks.

After a few short hours, everything was totally covered. And it kept snowing even after I took the pictures. 

These sweet, red cheeks were ready to come in to warm up. The last time he played in snow, he was two years old in Missouri in snow past his knees...lots of falling down and not much playing that day, so he sure enjoyed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment