Thursday, June 16, 2011

Big Changes at the Taylor Household

Last week marked big, maybe even huge, changes at the Taylor House. For starters, we moved from our furnished condo in Branson to an unfurnished trailer in Forsyth. If there is one thing the Lord has repeatedly taught me over the past 6 months, it is that His plans are not mine :) It truly has been just amazing to see all of the various ways that the Lord is providing for and taking care of us as we have totally handed over control of our lives and wills. I honestly never thought I'd say that we are blessed to be living in a rather small trailer, but we are blessed!!!


When our moving truck arrived, we had a wonderful crew of church friends help us unload in quick time. Then, our unpacking crew arrived...my dad, mom, and Lia. I was so thankful to have help getting boxes unpacked, the house set up, and lots and lots of shelves added to just about every space. Sam and my dad worked tirelessly all weekend on projects aimed at adding "space" to our humble abode. My mom and Lia worked hard at organizing and decorating. I'm telling you the truth, if not for all of the hard work from Sam and my family, I would've been sitting amongst boxes crying, overwhelmed by the task of moving while 8 months pregnant. We actually got it all done and unpacked in one short weekend! Talk about extreme makeover!


The other big change is that Mac now sleeps in his new fire truck toddler bed (in his new big boy room)!!!! I really wanted to get him out of the crib before Baby 2 arrived, but was unsure if Mac would be too young or not. Well, I should never have doubted that sweet, compliant little boy. The first night we did our usual bedtime routine, put him in bed and never heard another word from him. He never tried to get out, didn't cry and yell, nothing. It was so easy and has been every night since. He loves his new bed. He does like to play in it when he wakes up in the mornings. He turns on the little siren light, turns the key, and plays with all his stuffed animals in bed with him. And he doesn't even get out of bed when he wakes up in the mornings. He just plays and waits for someone to come get him out. I'm so, so thankful!!!! Now, we have 2 weeks left to get rid of the loochies...I have a feeling that one won't be so easy.


Life has been changing a good bit the past few months. And you know what? Its only going to change even more. Baby 2 arrives in just less than 3 weeks!!!


Our new street in Forsyth


Kitchen

We did give dad a long enough break from working to enjoy lunch at Mel's Hard Luck Diner after church :)

He was so worn out from the weekend that he fell asleep on Lia's shoulder in Wal-Mart. That's like maybe the second time ever he's fallen asleep like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment