Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Waltzing Waters

Family pic with the "Fountains of Fire"

Waiting for the show to start

Mac got to push the fountain control buttons. He loved it and wanted to do it again and again.

I wanted Drew to have a picture in front of the fountains too...don't want him to look back one day and wonder if he was part of the family fun! haha


This past weekend we went to the Waltzing Waters show here in Branson. Now, this show has some history for me. Waltzing Waters is my grandparent's favorite show, and I went with them about seven years ago on a vacation with them. They even have a music cd from the show. The show used to have a very talented piano player that played wonderfully while fountains and lights were programmed to go along with the music. Not so today...now they just do a thirty minute show with recorded music, still with the fountains and lights. Well, I thought Mac would probably really like the "water show." And I was right!!! Even though the theater is small, out dated and kinda smells like mildew, he LOVED every minute of it! And he really liked the fact that he was able to play with the fountain controls after the show. We really liked the fact that since we are locals we got a local discount and all saw the show for $7.81! Oh, and let me mention the fact that our family of four brought the theater to a grand total of eight. haha Great, cheap, family fun...we finished the day with Olive Garden and Tanger Outlet Mall. Might as well do up Branson while we're here!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I had heard they closed. I am glad to hear that is not the case. And, strangely, I am glad to hear it still smells of mildew (more than kinda if you ask me).

    Can't beat a classic like Waltzing Waters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a cheap family fun night! the previous posts are soooo cute too!

    ReplyDelete