Thursday, February 9, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig!

The boys and I returned this past weekend from a great two-week stay in the Magnolia State. My mom had come to Branson to watch the boys for Sam and I to celebrate our anniversary. We went to a great resort here in Branson and had lots of fun and sleep :) (Thanks a million, Mom, for letting us "getaway!") So the day before she was to return to Mississippi, we decided to pile up in the car with her and go for a visit. And I am so glad we did because we had a great time!! Time always passes much too quickly when we go "home," but we were able to go see my grandparents on the coast for a few days and the boys spent the weekend with Sam's parents. We stayed with my parents in Jackson and got together to play with Jess and her crew as much as possible...and when the sick germs weren't visiting them :) When our stay was up, Sam drove over to pick us up and bring us back to Missouri. We are missing being there!!!


How do you resist a face this stinkin cute!? Please excuse the discoloration on his cheeks, must be some of his lunch :) While we were in MS, Drew decided he wasn't really interested in bottles anymore, just wanted baby food and cereal...and lots of it!!

We had a great time with Momo, Papa, and Eldon (and Uncle Chuck, who was also there for a visit but gone before we took a pic) Just an FYI, the title of this post is dedicated to Momo :) She used to say that line to us everytime we arrived home when I was a kid. Until I had kids to read nursery rhymes to, I never realized that line comes from a kids poem! "To market, to market, to buy a fat pig. Home again, home again, jiggety jig!" So, to everyone that has heard me repeat that little ditty when arriving home and thought I was crazy, now you know I'm not! haha

Eldon kept a very ticklish Drew laughing :)


Having fun jumping at CeCe and PePaw's house.

Mac's favorite thing to do outside with PePaw...throw crab apples

Big throw! Mac is also in heaven in their yard with all of the leaves and the rocks in the gravel drive. My boy loves some leaves and throwing rocks.

Hanging out in the stroller while Mac throws stuff

Living large at Aunt Jessica's house

Catching some zzz's in the car
(We went to the zoo one day, but it will follow in another post)

No comments:

Post a Comment