Friday, February 10, 2012

Ready, Aim...



Potty!!!!

We decided that Mac was now ready to venture into the world of potty training, so on Tuesday the adventure began! I honestly was not real sure about how things were going to go. And to be real honest, I just wasn't real sure what in the world to do, especially since I have zero experience with little boys and how they do their business at the potty :) I got lots of info from my mom and sister, a few helpful tips from Facebook, and then I went to the store to arm myself for the big day. I am so thankful that Thomas the Train is in the underwear business. When I was telling Mac we were going to buy him some underwear, he was insistent that we get Thomas. Lucky day, they had them...for a nice little price that is :) I quickly learned that you pay a pretty penny more for characters to be on your hiney! I also picked up some M&M's for rewards, which works very well with Mac. He is so thrilled to try to potty for an M&M :)

Day one we had five accidents, and I was a cleaning machine! Day two, one and days three and four, zero!!!! Yay Mac!! And yay Mommy!!!! It is hard work for all involved. And very time-consuming. Speaking of time, I have a ticking timer sound stuck in my head long after Mac goes off to bed :) All in all, I am very proud of our Big Boy Mac and glad we have had a positive experience!!!! (I'm hoping we have the potty skill perfected by the time we head to Disney at the first of March.)

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness...a free-standing urinal? are you serious? I've never seen such a thing! HOW FUN.
    well, today is day one for us. it's too early in the game to report any progress.

    I'm most nervous about the first time we travel. guess I'm gonna have to get a "pee pad" or some kind of cloth for the car seat.

    ReplyDelete