Saturday, February 2, 2013

Twas the Night Before 2013...

 New year's eve was spent as a low-key evening at my parent's house in MS.  Sam was back in Missouri by then, so we had to celebrate separately this year.  We've never been much for big parties and fanfare on any occasion, let alone New Year's, so no since in breaking tradition. LOL  I will say, though, that my family has a good ol' laugh remembering the New Year of Y2K...my mom didn't want us to go anywhere (since the world was going to crash), so we bought what we thought were big time fireworks to do at home.  Let's say big time equated to a big flop for us! haha  Love those memories.
Drew is trying to figure out what in the world is on PePaw's head!
 
I had to include this picture...only in Mississippi would every child present, including the girl, be sporting some type of camo! But hey, throw on some pink boots with that camo and it's stylish, right??

Mac, Ramsey and Parker all geared up for the big show
 
 Drew wasn't too sure about all of the action unless he was being held :)  And Ellie hated every minute of the fireworks and spent the whole time with her head buried in my mom's shoulder.  I can remember hating fireworks as a little girl, myself.
Catching a good view
My mom, and therefore every other member in our family, LOVES popcorn.  She got a fun new machine for Christmas, so we decided to have a movie night after fireworks.  Everyone was watching the new popper...
Did I mention EVERYONE was watching the action?? haha  We were anxiously waiting to see if it worked! 

Success!  Let movie night begin!!  They refill those popcorn cups over and over and over!

Here's what the end of movie night looked like...sweet littles :)

1 comment:

  1. Loving all your holiday recaps....and I have to say that it's been a LONG time since I've heard the term "Y2K"!! ahaha

    ReplyDelete