Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...

That's what little girls are made of :-)  Back in September we found out that Baby Taylor #3 is a little GIRL!!!!  To say that I was shocked and excited is an understatement!  I seriously had just decided that Baby 3 would be another sweet little boy, and I was very pleased with the idea...definitely would not even allow myself to think of or hope for a girl.  
 
Both Sam and Mac felt certain that it would be a baby sister.  In fact, Mac said, "I think it's a baby sister.  I already have a baby brother, and I don't need another one!"  But I still stuck to the fact and odds that we would have another boy.  So on the day of the ultrasound I was very, very shocked and then very, very excited to hear that it was a healthy little girl.
 
I have done so well to control the temptation to buy everything pink and frilly in sight :-)  And I am so, so glad that we have decided on a name.  This was of utmost importance to me because I did not want a repeat of being in the hospital and still not being able to decide on a name (like what happened with Drew).  And oh, oh, oh how special the name is to me...Baby Girl Taylor will be named Clara Mae!! "Clara" is from my great-grandmother, Vera Clara (my mom's paternal grandmother), and "Mae" is from my maternal grandmother (Momo), Floy Mae. 
 
This is my Momo Cha-Cha, Vera Clara.  I loved her so very much and cherish the fond memories I have with her.  I loved visiting her, sitting on the front stoop of her Biloxi home just talking and talking, something that she loved to do.  She had beautiful Camelia bushes in her yard and always sent us home with some wrapped up with a paper towel and foil.  Momo Cha-Cha loved to help others and often was caring for someone.  She had a big heart and was a very special lady to me.
 
This is my Momo, Floy Mae (in the pink) who happens to be sitting next to her Aunt Mae (whom her name is after.)  Oh I could write a book of the many numerous reasons that Momo is so special to me.  Second to my own mom, she is the most important/influential lady in my life.  For years I have referred to her as my BFF and mean it with my whole heart.  She has poured out unconditional love on me from the moment I arrived in this world.  Forever will I treasure all of the memories I have of time spent with her and lessons learned from her.  She is incredibly brave, kind, giving, and a faithful servant of the Lord.  It is an honor for me to pass on her legacy through her name, and I pray that my own Clara Mae will have many of the wonderful qualities found in Momo. 
 
 
We cannot wait to welcome little Clara Mae Taylor into this world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment