Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2014, A Year I'll Always Remember...

As 2014 has come and gone, I've thought about all that transpired over the course of this year...
We welcomed this precious beauty in January, moved from Missouri in February, finally moved into a house in Columbus in April and had many, many new experiences and memories that come with a new baby, new town, new church, new friends, etc. Some days were fun and great. Others were trying and difficult. But overall it was another great year that the Lord blessed our family with. He is always faithful, constant, merciful, and trustworthy-of that I am so grateful!

I will also always remember 2014 as the year that we lost my beloved grandfather, Papa. He so deeply loved my grandmother and his family, his country, traveling, and having a good time everywhere he went. I am so incredibly thankful for a lifetime of memories that I have with him, as he loved his grandchildren dearly. Papa loved to vacation, eat yummy food, and laugh. I love his smile and laugh and thinking of it today makes me smile :-) What a blessing that he was able to be a part of even his great-grandchildren's lives. I am really going to miss him...but I am so grateful for the legacy he established and that continues to live on. 

I LOVE this man

Papa was always up for a good time and went along with all our crazy antics and bright ideas...usually ;-)

This was in March with all of the great-grandchildren. He went to be with The Lord in July. See, having fun and celebrating a party was always on the agenda!

So thankful for The Lord's promise of eternal life for those who believe in Him and especially thankful this means we will meet again someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment