Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby Dedication and Mother's Day

This is such a cute outfit. However, by the end of the service, 5 buttons had popped off!

Me, Sam and Mac before church

All the babies and parents at the Dedication Service.

Mac and Martha Stewart, aka Aunt Lia.

Sam's family

My family


On Mother's Day, May 9th, Sam and I were proud, honored, and blessed to attend our church's Baby Dedication service. Though we have "dedicated" Mac to the Lord even before he was born, it was great to be a part of the special service. We were so fortunate to have so many family members come to Monticello for the occasion. Of course, Jess and Lee had to stay home with the babies, and my dad was unable to make the trip from Houston. But the rest of us had a big time after church celebrating. Even Eldon made it from Dubai! Lia was Martha Stewart for the day and I couldn't have pulled it off without her help. I'm so thankful for her nutrition and cooking classes at MSU! And oh my, I was ever so shocked at my Mother's Day gift. Sam made a sweet DVD with photos of our life with Mac. I wasn't expecting more than a card but got something that will last forever.

As I think about the meaning of a dedication service, I pray the Lord continues to bless our family. I pray the Lord continues to mold and shape us into Godly parents (and that we continue to allow Him :), so that we are able to help mold and shape Mac into a Godly child. The responsibility of parenting is HUGE! The Lord is so loving and generous to entrust us with his precious child. May I daily remember to dedicate and submit all of our lives to His authority, guidance, and will. And I am so blessed to have an amazing legacy of parents and grandparents to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment