Friday, June 11, 2010

It's My Party...

Delicious cupcakes from Gigi's in Flowood.

Me with Mac, Parker, Ellie and Ramsey.

Mac and Parker had so much fun playing.

Blowing out my candles at my surprise party at church.


On May 26, I celebrated my 28th birthday, and it was a great one! For those of you familiar with my "birthday flowers," I do have some transplants here in Monticello, and, yes, they were in full bloom the week of my birthday. I must admit, I do like birthdays and always feel special and loved when others make it a celebration. In fact, when I was young, I always had to have a "school" party, "friend" party, and "family" party. As the years have gone by, I feel lucky and loved just to have any party! haha I also must admit that I was a little bummed that my birthday fell on a Wednesday this year. That means, no special outing because we have to be at church for Wednesday night. (Just a side note that our anniversary happened to fall on a Wednesday this year also) But my wonderful mom and sister loaded up the kiddos and came to Monticello to spend the day with me. They brought lunch and delicious cupcakes from Gigi's. We had a great time hanging out, and we had our very own party. I got some fabulous gifts including a special delivery from the coast and Dubai. And Sam got me a Flip camera which I was so pumped about. But I'm having trouble getting anything to load in a timely manner, so I may have to exchange for a different one.
And to top off a great day, the youth threw me a surprise party after church! I was truly clueless and shocked. They are so good to us and I love them all. It was the real deal party complete with streamers and balloons, and they made a big poster. Talk about feeling loved! It was a wonderful day, and I didn't worry one bit about being one year older. With Mac now in my world, it was my best birthday yet! May the Lord bless me with many, many more!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment