Monday, October 4, 2010

Party Time!

Table with the "cake ball" cake

Wonderful cake balls



Favors for Mac and his friends.

The smash cake
Digging into his cake. He wanted to throw the balls on top of the cake.

Gearing up with PePaw.

Mac's wonderful new toy from CeCe and PePaw. I am so excited...this will provide lots of entertainment this winter during cold months.



Playing on his new toy.


Some of Mac's new goodies.


Mac turned one this past Thursday, so we celebrated it BIG on Saturday. Because Mac LOVES any and every type of ball, I decided a "ball" party would be perfect. Well, the idea evolved into a sports party, and I had so much fun planning everything. Lunch was complete with hot dogs, nachos, popcorn and peanuts (typical ballgame food). And my mom had the idea to make cake balls instead of a cake. She lovingly made every one of them, stitching details and all. Not only were they so very cute, they were also so very good :)

We had a wonderful day with family and friends celebrating Mac's first year of life. I was so thrilled my grandparents were able to make it. It was my Papa's 1st real outing since his surgery. And Lia was so sweet to miss the State game just to come to the big party. Parker was soooo excited for the party, and I sure hope it lived up to his expectations. haha

I cannot believe a year has already passed us by. It has been a wonderful year filled with learning and love, and a few sleepless nights here and there :) I cannot imagine life without Mac. We are blessed beyond measure to have him!!!

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa! What a fun party! I can't believe Mac is one already. He is so cute. I know you are having so much fun with him. I love keeping up with yall on your blog!

    ReplyDelete