Saturday, May 19, 2012

Drew's Special Day

Last Sunday was "Drew's Special Day"...Baby Dedication.  I tried to prep Mac for the process of being in church and explained it was a big day for Drew and that we would go in church to say a special prayer for him.  After my explanation, when asked, Mac would state "its Drew's special day" and then bow his head :)  Even though Drew is nearing his first birthday, it is still a neat service to make our decision and commitment to doing our very best to rear Drew in the Lord's love and knowledge public.

Now, with that said, it is a baby dedication service with multiple families and babies, so you can imagine how preoccupied all the parents are with keeping children as content and quiet as possible.  Since it also fell on Mother's Day, I was especially proud to be with my two sweet little boys.  My heart overflows for Baby Drew...he is the sweetest, chubbiest ray of sunshine in my life.  Wow, as I sit here thinking of Drew, my heart bursting with love and joy, I again realize how amazing and strong a mother's love is for ALL of her children!        
Yes, we did turn to pose for my friend Amy as we stood in front of the church :)
 
Trying really hard to pay attention and listen for our cue to say "we do."  Quite a challenge since Drew was being a wiggle worm.


Our best family pic, even though Mac's eyes are closed.

OK, this is just funny...we were both trying to give camera instructions at the same time, making the same face.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. It's Jeramie's fault. He kept walking in front of the camera...and then I'd have to wait for the click all over agian!

    yall are such a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy...and you did a great job as photographer! :)

      Delete