Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday, Fireman Mac!

Well, it happened.  On Sept 30, despite all my best efforts to keep it from happening, Mac turned 5! How is that possible?? I asked him if he would just stay 4 forever and he sweetly replied, "No mom, I have to turn 5. No matter what, God makes me grow bigger so I have to be 5." He decided on a party at the local fire station.  I didn't realize they even hosted parties, but I found out from a friend and it was a fabulous choice!  Very low maintenance and all of the kids had a blast. 

I scored this fabulous fireman suit the week before the party! He was pretty much convinced he was the real deal :-)

The Taylor Crew...best we could do at the moment!

My kiddos with both grandmothers, Mim and CeCe. So thankful to have both sets at the party!

Thank you Columbus Fire Department for a great party!

The cake wouldn't have been complete without a sparkler candle!

Making a wish

Snack time for everyone.  We set up the party in the firemen's kitchen area with their adjoining tv room.  There were at least ten recliners all around the room with a large tv playing a Sunday afternoon football game.  Never thought about what it might look like in their hangout area before. They were so nice to share the space!

Getting a little demonstration of what the full gear looks and sounds like

Watching Mac open his gifts.  I was very proud of Mac for thanking each child and being grateful for every gift...even a couple that he already had :-)

Group photo of all the kiddos

Sweet Drew.  He was so excited for Mac and his party.  When Mac would talk about who was invited, Drew would say "And me? Am I invited?" Of course, Mac always responded with a "Yes, Drew.  You're my best friend."

With the Hill cousins.  Very thankful that we are close enough to each other now to always share in the fun of parties and other family events.

The close up version!


The kids went on a tour of the fire house and truck.  The tour was cut short before going inside when they received a real call to go out on.  It was pretty perfect timing and really neat to see them in real action.

Headed out on their call, complete with left behind boots.

Party snacks! Fire balls, fire truck wheels and flaming firehoses.  We also brought a cake just for the firemen to enjoy and say "thanks"

No comments:

Post a Comment