Friday, November 14, 2014

We Love Food...Not Skates!


At 8 1/2 months eating her first "real" solid food, bananas. She loves real food!

This one right here also loves food! Any and every kind! Right now his favs are "boy salad" (just regular salad), "burritos" aka Doritos, carrots and dip, and mac & cheese. He'll choose healthy options over junk almost any day! Now if only a tiny bit of that would rub off on Mac...both currently have the favorite restaurant "Samuel McAllister Taylor's", which is McAlister's Deli. Oh, and McDonald's!


She had bananas everywhere!


While we love to eat, we recently discovered that we hate to skate!  
One of Mac's friends from school had a party at the skating rink.  Sam was out of town, so I decided to load up all three kids and go out for what I anticipated would be a fun morning.  I could not have been  more wrong! All was good while the boys had their skates on on the carpet, but the second, and I mean second, that we stepped onto the actual rink floor, disaster struck.  To get an accurate image of what occurred, you must also picture me "wearing" Clara in a carrier on my front and helping two boys on skates with the little walker deals for them to hold on to. Step onto the rink and both had feet flying out from under them and landing on the floor.  Drew's shocked face soon turned to an all out cry as soon as he heard the wail of his older brother!! Both were dramatically crying/screaming, and I was doing my best to get both back on their feet while feeling embarrassed at their outcries!  Kind strangers, who were parents of other kids that I had never met, came to my rescue to help us all back on our feet.  I had to force them to stay on the rink in hopes of conquering their fears.  Drew soon gave up and took his skates off.  I insisted Mac keep his on and held out hope that he'd start enjoying it after watching his friends skate around.  But that never happened.  He hated every single second.  And neither wants to ever return...but we shall go back and conquer skating.  But next time I'm taking Sam!!!  I wish I had a pic of all us but with the above told story, you'd understand that I was never able to get my camera out!! (I quickly snapped the single pic of Mac)

No comments:

Post a Comment