Monday, December 29, 2014

Home Sweet Home in Missouri

A few weekends back we went for a visit to Forsyth. I had been anxiously awaiting and counting down to this trip! I miss my friends so very much and couldn't wait to be reunited! The main purpose for this trip was to host a baby shower with Brooke for our best friend, Jamie and baby Lydia...but we packed the entire weekend doing our favorite things and seeing our favorite people. I was super excited to be able to stay for church on Sunday. Felt so good to worship with "family" :-)
Me, Jamie, Brooke and Nora (Nora was born a few days before Clara...she loves her mom so much that she never leaves her side! Lol)

Oh how I miss this! The views, constant reminders of God's beautiful creation

Our small group, which has since split and grown, gathered for a reunion. And we had a blast! The Carters had to leave before our picture. I LOVE these people!!

Branson never disappoints and always has fun...Optimus Prime was in town and my boys were thrilled!

Having some silly fun in the crazy mirrors

This was our fourth year to take Santa pics at Branson's Bass Pro Shop. We weren't prepared to see Santa, so we weren't dressed in Christmas gear. But, hey, it's a good pic, so I'll take it just like it is!

The boys had such a good time with old friends! It was so neat to see light bulbs go off as we visited places and people that they remembered. We also took Mac to his old school in Taneyville, and he was so very excited to see Ms. Lisa and Ms. Rebecca. He even stayed long enough to join in for a few dances and exercises. 

No trip to Forsyth is complete without a trip to Yummy Donuts! We all look forward to this breakfast!

We had the greatest time on our trip back to Missouri...and I'm already counting down to my return! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment