Monday, March 7, 2011

Home Is Where The Heart Is

"Where You go, I'll go
Where You stay, I'll stay
When You move, I'll move
I will follow..."
These songs lyrics to a popular Chris Tomlin tune have come to mean more to me over the past few months than I could have ever imagined. A few weeks ago Sam accepted a position as Student Minister at a church all the way in Missouri! I'll start from the beginning...

Several months ago Sam received a random email from a random man at a random church in Missouri asking if Sam might be interested in their Student Minister position. Well, since we were both perfectly content where the Lord had us in Monticello and things at MBC were going great, Sam responded that he may be interested in finding out about the church, but he really just politely declined. I mean, like we really wanted to move 9 hours from our family anyway!

Well, it became apparent that the Lord may have a different idea. Despite each door that we tried to close, the Lord just opened it right back up. So in December Sam and I went to visit First Baptist Church of Forsyth and see what the Lord was doing there and if we were to become a part of that work. After several more weeks of prayer and seeking, it became abundantly clear to both of us that the Lord was calling us to move to Forsyth.

Now, I'll just go on and admit to all those who may not know, I'm a homebody, and I enjoy my comfort zone :) Moving 9 hours from family (while my parents are in the process of moving back to Mississippi) and being 5 months pregnant, all the while loving the students and people at our church, does not exactly add up as perfect timing for me! But despite all the potential stressors and seemingly inconvenient factors, I have an incredible peace that we are acting in obedience in the Lord's time. My, my the lessons I'm learning to trust solely on the Lord and act in obedience accordingly.

Sam and I are thrilled to move and be a part of Exciting First in Forsyth. It is a very bittersweet time for us. We couldn't be more excited to see what the Lord has in store, but we also couldn't be more sad about leaving very dear friends, family and students in Monticello and Mississippi. So, we expect lots of visitors!! Oh, and by the way, Forsyth is only like ten minutes from Branson. I know, I know, you're probably thinking exactly what I was thinking, "Branson is for old people." But oh no, its surprisingly a fun, bustling, growing place to live and visit.

The past few months have been a wild ride to say the least. And it has been overwhelming to see how the Lord has been working and moving to get us to this point. Now if He could just provide a box packing and moving fairy...haha.

"Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives." Galatians 5:25

Church sign in Forsyth surrounded by snow.

Mac and Sam at the Landing in Branson.

Bundled up on one of our very snowy visits in January.


2 comments:

  1. Your mom told me about this. I am so proud of you for doing the difficult thing in following God's call. He will bless you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you guys are doing what you feel God is leading you to do. We all will miss you very much. You guys better come back and visit us!! Ha! Thanks for all that you guys have done for us. Best wishes for you guys. <3
    - Anne G.

    ReplyDelete