Wednesday, March 16, 2011

An MBC Farewell

This past Sunday our church hosted a farewell reception for us. It was our last Sunday at MBC and, man, was it bittersweet! We love our friends and "family" at Monticello and will miss them dearly. From our first Sunday to our last, the people of this church have taken us under their wing, accepted us, and loved us like their own. For that, we will forever be grateful!

The reception Sunday night was very nice and was a great time to say good-bye to several of our friends. A big piece of our hearts will remain in Monticello, so we look forward to seeing them on future visits home.

At the reception (please politely overlook the fact that its a terrible pic of me and Mac isn't looking at the camera. Ok, thanks :)

The cake. I thought it was so sweet that they included Mac. And to the people at MBC, he will always be "Baby Mac"

Picture of the church that everyone signed. I am so very excited to have this picture to take with us wherever we go to remember our wonderful time here!

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet memento...I love the signed picture. I've never seen that done before.

    I hope you don't think I'm a creepy stalker. If you don't yet, well, just you wait...you might change your mind! :)

    ReplyDelete